We wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on this new way of working and share some tips and ideas which have certainly helped The Eventus Recruitment Group keep some degree of structure and sanity.
Who’d of thought a couple of weeks ago that we’d be locked up indoors, working from home with no physical contact with Friends and Family. I for one couldn’t ever imagine this as our business is mainly face to face with our clients and of course personally interviewing candidate face to face. This really is a crazy world we’re in right now. But more now than ever it’s so important to stay positive, stick together and support each other through this.
Here’s a few things we have done which we have found has helped us.
Working from Home Structure We would all love to stay in bed or just lounge around in our PJ’s right? But you need to resist the temptation. Being within your home environment with all the comforts such as that very inviting sofa and TV it’s very hard not to have your professional life mixed with your social life but by trying to keep to your daily routine as much as possible will ensure you can carry out the daily tasks required for your role.
- It’s good to talk. We all love to talk right? It keeps us mentally sane to hear another person’s voice at the other end of the phone, and remember we are all going through this; you’re not on your own. Isolation is lonely and if not addressed can have a serious impact on your mental health and wellbeing. You might normally converse over email or text, pick up the phone instead and stay connected to the outside world or should that be the isolated world?
- Technology. Nothing beats physical face to face contact but given where we are try where possible to replace that by making the most of platforms like Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp Video etc. We try and stay connected with regular team updates and to just check in on our staff to ensure they are ok. It can be a real pick me up.
- Checking In. If like me you thrive on ensuring your staff are happy, well now is the perfect opportunity to check in on colleagues just by asking that simple question … ‘Are you ok? To know someone is there and cares really makes a difference. Let’s all support each other and really show what great team work is.
- Take a Break! Working at home can make you feel like you should be online and working all hours. A daily event The Eventus Team have been doing is taking part with the Joe Wicks Daily workout videos which has been great fun and has also kept us into a routine and given us something else to speak about other than the Virus and worries it creates. Also allow time for your usual fresh air. If you have a dog this is a great excuse to get out but if you don’t own a dog just get out in the fresh air and recharge those batteries. One positive to come out of this is you will now appreciate the outdoors a lot more.
- Remember to have fun! This virus is evolving every minute of the day and there is more and more depressing news developing. Don’t let it overtake your life. Contact friends and family and create fun virtual games, video hangouts to catch up etc. Just because times are hard doesn’t mean we can’t have fun anymore.
Lastly Stay safe everyone from Siobhan and all the team at The Eventus Recruitment Group. Remember we’re here to help in any way we can even if it’s just to listen.